Go Easy on Yourself - Easy On Me (Adele)

During the last weeks I wrote articles about a few things one can do to practice self-care and otherwise look after your mental health amid the pandemic. 
I think that kind of actionable advice can be helpful, as they helped myself, but sometimes even the simplest self-care tips, like making your bed or trying a new hobby, can feel like Herculean tasks.

Somehow I often thought that if I’m really hard on myself, I’ll be less likely to make the same mistake again. But I discovered the admitting my failings does not need to come with commensurate self-criticism, however.
Now I firmly believe: Self-criticism doesn’t work. It neither actually motivate myself nor any other person. Instead, self-criticism is associated with decreased motivation and future improvement.

Self-compassion - being warm and supportive towards ourselves, and actively soothing ourselves - will help when live gives us a rough time. It leads to less anxiety and depression, greater peace of mind, and, importantly, it makes us feel more motivated to make the improvements we need to.

Focus on the positive and helpful feedback in setbacks. And ask yourself:
  • What is one thing I can I learn from this situation?
  • How can I use what I learn from this to not make the same mistake again and to move forward in a smarter way?
Celebrate your small steps and your good moments.

Most people are in the habit of only celebrating when they reach a big milestone or a perfect moment or two then they may lose their motivation and feel like they are never happy or arriving where they want to be. My suggestion is to make a habit of celebrating your small daily and weekly successes too.
I think and hope that this will help you to keep the soul-tiring monotony away and help you to stay in a good mood or hopeful and positive instead of getting more and more unmotivated until you may even consider quitting halfway to that big milestone.



I am writing all that as I heard the new song by Adele for the first time today - which inspired ne to note it down ...


Adele - Easy On Me



Adele “Easy on Me” Lyrics

There ain’t no gold in this river
That I’ve been washing my hands in forever

I know there is hope in these waters
But I can’t bring myself to swim

When I am drowning in the silence
Baby, let me in


Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn’t get the chance to
Feel the world around me
I had no time to choose what I chose to do
So go easy on me

There ain’t no room for a thing to change
When we are both so deeply stuck in our ways
You can’t deny how hard I’ve tried
I’ve changed who I was to put you both first
But now I givе up

Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn’t get thе chance to
Feel the world around me
Had no time to choose what I chose to do
So go easy on me

I had good intentions
And I had these hopes
But I know it now
It probably hasn’t even shown

Go easy on me, baby
I was still a child
Didn’t get the chance to
Feel the world around me
Had no time to choose what I chose to do
So go easy on me







Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have.
    I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information.

    Sie / Ihr könnt gerne Kommentieren - Kommentare werden nicht veröffentlicht!
    Aber wenn Du / Ihr eine Antwort erwartet bitte hinterlasst auch eine Email-Adresse - Danke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?