Great quotes by Patti Smith regarding Grieving

My wife and I were punks - we both always loved the art and music by Patti Smith.

A few days ago I read three quotes by Patti Smith ...

» Grief starts to become indulgent, and it doesn't serve anyone, and it's painful. But if you transform it into remembrance, then you're magnifying the person you lost and also giving something of that person to other people, so they can experience something of that person. «

» Grief isn't all tears. «

and the third one is this ...

» In art and dream may you proceed with abandon. In life may you proceed with balance and stealth. For nothing is more precious than the life force and may the love of that force guide you as you go. «

 

even I like the third one and I agree - for myself I would say - In life may you proceed with balance and stealth. and you should proceed like that  - but for my self most often I proceed as well with abandon in my life. My wife often said - what both of us often thought and said:  "It's better to burn out than to fade away"  a quote by Kurt Cobain.


And I will not end this article with sharing one of my favorite songs:



Dream of Life by Patti Smith

Lyric:

I'm with you always, you're ever on my mind

In a light to last, a whole life through

Each way I turn, the sense of you

Surrounds in every step I take in all I do

Your thoughts your schemes

Captivate my dreams

Everlasting, ever new

Sea returns to sea

And sky to sky

In a life of dream am I

When I'm with you

Deep in my heart, how the presence of you shines

In a light to last a whole life through

I recall the wonder of it all

Each dream of life, I'll share with you

Sea returns to sea

And sky to sky

In a life of dream am I

When I'm with you

I'm with you always, you're ever on my mind

In a light to last a whole life through

The hand above turns those leaves of love

All and all a timeless view

Each dream of life

Flung from paradise

Everlasting, ever new

Dream of life

Dream of life

Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have.
    I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information.

    Sie / Ihr könnt gerne Kommentieren - Kommentare werden nicht veröffentlicht!
    Aber wenn Du / Ihr eine Antwort erwartet bitte hinterlasst auch eine Email-Adresse - Danke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?