Mid of the Week thoughts - Love is what finally matters

What is actually important?

Life cannot be taken for granted. I had to face it, several times, as paramedic, in combat, almost drowned,... and one year ago that my wife decided to pass away with dignity, ...each time it was a painful experience, but now I know I don't want to waste another minute. Because life is too short and too precious for dreams not lived and for unsaid words. It's too short to say goodbye half-heartedly.

I noticed year by year - when I say to someone words like “drive carefully” or “take care of yourself” that these words and thoughts came and coming deeper and deeper from my heart - and that these words are more than only words. I hugged others longer and even the smallest goodbye was and is important. I want to carry that forward and I never want to stop taking the time to say a long goodbye to someone I love, whether they're going away for just an hour, a week or months.

From now on I want to make a conscious decision every second for what I want and what is good for me. I want to start with the small things and even with the simplest questions, such as what I would like to drink, I take the time to really consciously decide what would be good for me at that moment.

We focus our attention on the wrong things these days. We believe it's important to own a lot and have the hottest new car or technologies. We believe that how we look and what we wear is important for people to find us beautiful and desirable. But should I tell you something? 

All of this is probably the most unimportant of all. 

For me it's self-awareness, awareness for others or pure and honest love.

Because when a person leaves, what finally counts is not what s/he leaves behind in material things. In the end, there are unspoken words, moments and hugs you haven't enjoyed to the full and unshared love.

Love is the only thing we take with us from one life to another. It is what we are made of.


What finally matters

In the end, life is actually quite simple. What really matters is the time we spend with the people we love. Because these are the memories you create and in the end that is all that remains and what warms your heart. 

It's the kind, honest words and the courage to open your heart to let life flow into you in all its fullness. It is the knowledge that you can be and do anything you want and that you have everything within you to make it come true. It's the understanding that it's all the little things that make the big picture in the end. And above all, it is about understanding that we are much more than we think we are. That we cannot see everything that is actually there and that we may not be able to understand everything that is there either, but that we should finally trust that we all belong together and that life is just a circle and that death is only a part forms this circle.

In the end, love is what finally matters and always remains.

Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have.
    I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information - Thx

    Sie / Ihr könnt gerne Kommentieren - Kommentare werden nicht veröffentlicht!
    Aber wenn Du / Ihr eine Antwort erwartet bitte hinterlasst auch eine Email-Adresse - Danke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?