Trust, Hope, Faith and Love

My wife was laid to rest one year ago - and already at the night of her funeral there were a number of fireflies - but this year there were and are even more. My wife told me that on the day of her death the fireflies will fly. And that they will remind me on her and these glowing animals will be with me. 

She was a riding instructor and she often organized horse riding events in the days and nights when these great animals emerge - and that is in early summer anywhere from the third week in May to the third week in June - and these small animals were literally always a highlight for her and now for me. 

When Firefly enters your life, be ready for a little light-hearted magic coming your way. 

And a lot of fireflies were with me in the forest where my wife was buried - And I loved and love that the firefly waited for me to take the following picture - and I am so thankful for this moment - even more than for the result.

Fireflies can symbolize many different things, but for me they are a sign of good trust in what happens and fortune, hope, faith and love.

None of us knows what might happen in the future or even the next moment. Sometime I think we do not need so much and often I think what we need to be truly happy is or might be: 

  • something to do what we love or even feel good with, 
  • someone to love
  • something to hope for
  • and faith in life, fortune and all will be OK

And I think as well that true happiness is coming from enjoying the moment and present, seeing what I and you can be thankful for.

Looking into the future and next moment without being frightened and anxious dependence upon the future or running scared into next challenge, not dealing to much with either hopes or fears but to rest satisfied with what we have.

Let us go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith. We have hope and love in our hearts. Love to what surrounds us- people, job, nature and most of all family and our beloved ones!

Faith means you feel it, you imagine it and you have it in your heart - before you have it in your real world and hand.

"Believe in a love that is being stored up for you like an inheritance, and have faith that in this love there is a strength and a blessing so large that you can travel as far as you wish without having to step outside it." Quote by Rainer Maria Rilke


And a song which fits in this context is Yesterday by The Beatles not only it was a song my wife wished for her funeral:

Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly, I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday came suddenly


Why she had to go
I don't know, she wouldn't say
I said something wrong
Now I long for yesterday

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Why she had to go
I don't know, she wouldn't say
I said something wrong
Now I long for yesterday

Yesterday, love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe in yesterday












Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have.
    I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information - Thx

    Sie / Ihr könnt gerne Kommentieren - Kommentare werden nicht veröffentlicht!
    Aber wenn Du / Ihr eine Antwort erwartet bitte hinterlasst auch eine Email-Adresse - Danke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?