Transforming - Positive Attitude

Griefing demands critical thinking from the griefer and urges changes, rethinking, improvements in living conditions, mindset, and feelings. 
The death of my wife is the most impacting loss I had to experience in my life so far. My grief is like two sides of the same coin. One is where I ‘pretend’ that everything is alright, and the other is where my heart screams in pain. But I can be happy it was her will. 
And as I always understood changes in life always as a chance for something new - I'm working on me to see that this loss is nothing but transformation.

I am for sure angry with the course of life - or karma - but complaining or being angry do not and will not help, neither me nor someone else, for a number of reasons - but for sure because as 'karma' does not care about anything.

And mentioning once again (coping with grief) the quote from Goethe and Herman Hesse: "In all beginnings dwells a magic force - For guarding us and helping us to live." - It's not easy to keeping this in mind and recognizing it and getting aware of it - it takes time and patience - being patient with or bearing with something - or qualities which are for sure not one of my qualities - but I even on this I will have to work.


What will help me is 'reanimating' my positive attitude.
Why I think having a positive mental attitude is important? Well, I always firmly believed, and still do, that a one with a positive attitude can deal with stress and negative situations in a much healthier way.
We all know the Latin phrase "Mens sana in corpore sano" translated as "a healthy mind in a healthy body"  but I see it also vici versa a "a healthy body and life by a healthy mind".
A positive attitude will help to come up with actionable goals based on dreams, making and maintaining more positive relationships, and will give one's / my immune system a well-needed boost.

A positive attitude is build on or by ...
  • Staying optimistic.
  • Learning from challenges, disappointments and failures.
  • Being more empathetic and understanding toward others.
  • Seeing the things I can be grateful for - and being more grateful.

To accomplish it I will work on the following points ...
  • Some self-care every day - What I always knew, but what I have forgotten over the last years, while I took care on my wife is that it’s always important to take care of both physical and mental health. It is important that one can take a step back and treat themselves to something special. Self-care doesn’t always have to involve a nighttime soak in the bath with candles and a glass of wine - although that sounds lovely, too. Often it can be a sunbath, feeling the soft, wet grass under you and the sunshine above you. or ...
  • Listen to music that matches my mood or music which is contrary - I realized that it is good to tune into sad songs as a form of mood enhancement. As I realized that sad songs can invoke my memories, distract from negative situations, and they carry strong messages and give hope and a positive push.
  • Practice mindfulness and self-awareness, and meditation - practicing and shifting attention between the inner self and the outer world can do a lot to decrease stress, concerns and worries - as well as improve mental and spiritual health.
  • Take real breaks - leaving the space (workspace) where I am currently in, having a meal, and putting away all work-related information. 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


I firmly believe that - it doesn't take much to live a happy life ...
even in these days it is even hard for me to see this and have this thought in my heart. 
But I am working on it.


Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh once said:
"People deal too much with the negative, with what is wrong.
Why not try and see positive things, to just touch those things and make them bloom?"
 




 






Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have. I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?