Elixir of Life - Music & Dance - Part of Life and Well Being

We only hear a few notes - and we are already mentally traveling back in time, to a memory, to place or person we are connecting to it. Many songs are linked to people, places and experiences. Music has magical powers. It can make us happy or thoughtful, can comfort us or uplift us. Our life would not be the same without sounds and tones. We experience many feelings more intensely through them.

Perhaps the greatest benefit of music is that it can reunite us with feelings we need, but have lost touch with. It can offer dignity to our sorrows, framing and containing what might otherwise be unmanageable grief. Music returns us to life, gently nudging us to return to the side of generosity, hope and compassion. It can take us beyond the everyday world, to transcend the ordinary and view ourselves from a lofty height.

It reconnects us with our instinctual, bodily selves when reason, logic and discipline are in danger of crushing us. And it can break down the barriers between strangers – urging us to see what we have in common, rather than what divides us.


Music is life enhancing ... as well as dancing.

Dancing has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.  I always enjoy it - when listening to music I can not stop myself clap my hands, headbang to the beat and tap my toes when I could stand.

  • Dancing allows me and everyone to express yourself.
  • A sense of community is found within the dance.
  • Dancing provides physical and mental refreshment and relaxation.
  • Laughter and fun—dancing can provide a lot of entertainment.
  • Dancing is a form of exercise.
  • Dancing boosts memory and creativity

When I dance, especially to songs my wife and I love(d) -  I can not only remember her, I can even smell and feel her all a little better, feel the butterflies once again, and if only for a moment, returning to the time, to a person, a moment which is gone.  (even this article I wrote about dancing is only available in German - good to know that each browser provides great translation options)

Why do I, you should - we dance? Every answer will be different, and that is as it should be. Perhaps the better question is, “Why would we not?”

The best part is that anyone can do it. Do it the way one want to. So .. let’s get that grove going shall we?


I like to share a few songs I love / my wife loved ...


Lady Gaga, Bradley Cooper - Shallow (from A Star Is Born)
This song is from my point of view about jumping headfirst and faithful into love and not looking back.


Mr Probz - Waves
It was the first song I heard after I almost drowned in the Pacific.


Cover of Otis Redding song by Black Pumas - (Sittin’ On) the Dock of the Bay
It is since decades my most favorite song and I collected already more than 30 great versions.




Eagles performing "Hotel California" 




Frankie Goes To Hollywood - Relax
My most favorite album. If you didn't leave the floor soaking wet...you did it all wrong.




Jimmy Somerville - Smalltown Boy
Jimmy Somerville and as band, Bronski Beat together with Larry Steinbachek and Steve Bronski, they created so many great songs



And finally the

























Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have.
    I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information - Thx

    Sie / Ihr könnt gerne Kommentieren - Kommentare werden nicht veröffentlicht!
    Aber wenn Du / Ihr eine Antwort erwartet bitte hinterlasst auch eine Email-Adresse - Danke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?