Poetry comes from The Heart and Soul

picture of Amanda Gorman and Sarah Kay
In my other blog, I write extensively about AI, KI, ChatGPT, and other such topics. I have greatly enjoyed (and I still do it) my roles as an architect, designer, craftsman, paramedic, and more, mostly because they are all about serving people.
Even though my work is often abstract and doesn't directly connect with emotional or spiritual aspects, I believe that everything I do is heartfelt and it's meant to touch another heart. Whether it's through creating human-centered designs or architecture, or by providing mental, psychological, and physical support, my aim is to make people feel good.
In the end, I've noticed that poems, often written by empathetic people, are a wonderful way of communicating messages from one soul to another.
And closing my introductory words - yes KI and ChatGPT etc. can write poems - but they do not come from heart and soul.

People like Sarah Kay ... Sarah Kay, performing "‘B’ If I Should Have a Daughter"

In 2011, at a TED Conference, Sarah Kay, a New York City-based American poet, performed her poem "'B' (If I Should Have a Daughter)." The poem, that really moved me, is written from the viewpoint of a mother reflecting on how she would raise a potential daughter. It provides advice on dealing with issues like heartbreak, and staying open-hearted in a harsh world. The poem's themes include overcoming challenges, offering support, and the routine life challenges we all must face.
Have you ever contemplated your future, particularly if you plan on having children, how you would guide them to develop into strong individuals, and how to handle difficult situations? Sarah Kay's poem "If I Should Have a Daughter" demonstrates that if a person is raised to be open-minded, they'll learn to be unafraid of other people's views.
Kay brilliantly uses a range of literary techniques, such as symbolism, imagery, and personification to convey this theme.
The poem uses symbols (which I as someone who is thinking in picture really love - and as designer anyway) to show that life, while challenging, must be embraced as it can offer rewarding opportunities.

And I suggest to listen to Sarah Kay performing her poem, "Hiroshima" 





I like to share another work of Sarah Kay - Hiroshima

Hiroshima exposes and interweaves three allegorical narratives: the narrative of the bombing of Hiroshima, the poet’s personal narrative, and the narrative of the present performance or the reading. The poem is a rousing piece, urging us to abandon our past, our origins or our expectations for the sacred potentiality of the present.


Amanda Gorman

We have so many great poets - and to finish this article I like to share the poem by Amanda Gorman, a 22-year-old poet, reading her poem “The Hill We Climb,”



Closing thoughts ...

Poetry is a means of escape for me.
It is also a way for me to express my feelings about the reality of life.
Escape from reality.
But as well finding me, feeling me, finding hope and seeing reality differently.

And a new study showed - Reading, writing and sharing poetry can help people cope with loneliness or isolation and reduce feelings of anxiety and depression.


Comments

  1. I am curious to read your comments, even I will not publish them - I will take them as food for thoughts and inspiration. Thx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?