Light of my life (Inspired by Amanda Gorman's Poem "The Hill We Climb")


Inspired by Amanda Gorman's Poem 
"The Hill We Climb" 
I wrote the following poem: 


Since my wife passed away

where can I find light - in this never-ending shade?

As nothing feels anymore okay

Every day is like a swamp - I must wade


Since that awful, dreadful day.

I cry my silent tears.

It takes my breath away.

The silence is deafening to my ears.


Her present that filled our rooms at day and night.

All this is gone, and all what's left is nothing but memories,

And I miss her arms so much which hold me tight,

all these memories lead me to silence and tears.


But what made my day bright

Was remembering Amanda Gorman's poem

That there is always light

If only we're brave enough to see it

If only we're brave enough to be it


Amanda Gorman's powerful poem

at the inauguration of President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris:









Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have. I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?