I promised to love you ...

I promised to love you,
to protect you from all harm,
and to care for you.
To keep you safe throughout the nights keep you warm.

Sometimes I wonder how it came to this
Just don't think to spare me this
Perhaps the truth and time can set me free
From the half truths ensnaring me
A black hole of intensity
collapses on its density
And sucks me to a darker place
that hides behind blank space and a broken face

When you left me
the patterns in the distant stars
the loose threads of our lives' loom
When you walked into a room
The smell of your perfume
The taste of your skin
All those bitter reminders

How do I wake up, how do I sleep?
How do I laugh now, I can't even weep?
Where do I run to, where do I hide?

The sand, it falls in the hour glass
And time slips through our fingers fast
and I have no idea how long it will last

I am searching for peace of mind
but also keeping our love in mind








Comments

  1. If you like - Please send me your comment, or suggestion you may have.
    I will not publish the comments. If you want a reply please don't forget to leave your contact information.

    Sie / Ihr könnt gerne Kommentieren - Kommentare werden nicht veröffentlicht!
    Aber wenn Du / Ihr eine Antwort erwartet bitte hinterlasst auch eine Email-Adresse - Danke

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?