The Past is often like the Darkness between Fireflies - and the Fireflies are the Memories

As my wife planned her death  - she asked to pass away before summer solstice and been interred on the day of summer solstice - and she remind me that the fireflies will always fly and shine around these days of remembrance - fireflies emerge in early summer anywhere from the third week in May to the third week in June. And now the fireflies remind me of my love - my love of my life.

Fireflies have been known to indicate luck, love, brightness, vitality, and even death

As fireflies only live for a short period (just about a couple of months). They symbolizes how short life is so we should always try to live our lives to the fullest extent. And on the other hand fireflies might remind us that often the small, simple things in life can make us happy, and make a moment great.  They inspire us to take a moment to slow down, ground ourselves in the moment, and appreciate all the things and people who and that surrounds us.

This is a picture I took this night ... with a long exposure of 10 seconds: And I am very be thankful and grateful to fireflies - they were again so cooperative as last year 
My wife's body ashes was buried within the root system of a lime tree / linden tree in a forest that serves as natural cemetery. Native Americans seen fireflies as a representation of the soul.

Fireflies are for me are like nature’s lanterns, illuminating the darkness and sadness for me -  guiding me / us towards the enchantment of the night and remember us on beloved ones.
Fireflies are like memories darting across my mind, along feelings and emotions, showing here and there images so sharp and vivid that I almost catch my breath. And the past is often like the darkness between the fireflies.

And one final thought, Fireflies  are a wonderful reminder that we’re all unique and special - that each and everyone has an inner light and beauty.



Comments

  1. Your comment is welcome. I will check, read and if needed reply to your comments. But I will not publish comments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sterbehilfe bei psychisch kranker Studentin - Berlin 2024

Sterbehilfe - Organisation, Hilfe finden, Kosten

Medikament - Freitod

Leid heißt nicht nur Schmerz - Gedanken zum Freitod

Wie werden in wenigen Tagen die Abgeordneten über die Sterbehilfe abstimmen?